Saturday, March 8, 2008

Edgy's Printz Award Challenge

ORIGINAL POST AT BOOKS ARE KING


Previously, I mentioned that I was participating in the Printz Award Challenge over at Dewey Monster. As you may or may not recall, the challenge is as follows:
To participate in the Printz Award Challenge, choose 6 books that have won the Printz Award for Excellence in Young Adult Literature OR one of the Honor books. The challenge runs from January 2008 to December 2008. . . .

You may overlap with other challenges. You may change your list at any time.
I chose six titles to read, clutching to the "change your list at any time" clause in that four or five books would be added to the list in January.

Titles have been added, and so I'm changing my list. For starters, I am reading The White Darkness because it won the award this year. Unfortunately, it's a bit blah and I interrupt my reading of it with other titles, such as Repossessed, another book I can add to the list as it's an honor book this year and it has a much cooler cover than Darkness. (I also already finished reading it today, so it helps me come one book closer to completing the challenge.

Anyway, my new challenge list is as follows:
Edgy's Printz Award Challenge
  • The White Darkness, by Geraldine McCaughrean
  • Repossessed, by A. M. Jenkins (Completed today.)
  • Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy, by Gary D. Schmidt (Another blah book, but since I already own it and have started reading it, it stays on the list.)
  • Heart to Heart: New Poems Inspired by Twentieth-Century American Art, by Jan Greenberg Abrams
  • A Northern Light, by Jennifer Donnelly (I read the first chapter of this just after it was put on the award list, but it was another book I just couldn't get into. However, since I own it . . . )
  • John Lennon: All I Want Is the Truth, a Photographic Biography, by Elizabeth Partridge

No comments: