Monday, March 31, 2008

Heidi's Challenge List

Original posted at Adventures in Multiplicity.

Some of those memes that make the circuit of the blogging world are reading challenges. People commit to reading a certain number of books from a certain list in a certain amount of time. In fact, one of the challenge bloggers I'm joining is "absolutely obsessed with reading challenges." I've decided to participate in the Printz Award Challenge. I can handle reading 6 young adult books that I just might read anyway. I have until the end of the year. Indeed I've previously read 3 of the Printz books: Skellig by David Almond; Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, by Louise Rennison; and A Step from Heaven by An Na.


My list to read before 2009:

  • The Book Thief (audio) by Markus Zusak [2007 Honor book]
  • The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation; v. 1: The Pox Party by M.T. Anderson [2007 Honor book]
  • how i live now by Meg Rosoff [2005 Winner]
  • The First Part Last by Angela Johnson [2004 Winner]
  • Fat Kid Rules the World by K.L. Going [2004 Honor book]
  • Monster by Walter Dean Myers [2000 Winner]

No comments: