Some of those memes that make the circuit of the blogging world are reading challenges. People commit to reading a certain number of books from a certain list in a certain amount of time. In fact, one of the challenge bloggers I'm joining is "absolutely obsessed with reading challenges." I've decided to participate in the Printz Award Challenge. I can handle reading 6 young adult books that I just might read anyway. I have until the end of the year. Indeed I've previously read 3 of the Printz books: Skellig by David Almond; Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, by Louise Rennison; and A Step from Heaven by An Na.
My list to read before 2009:
- The Book Thief (audio) by Markus Zusak [2007 Honor book]
- The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation; v. 1: The Pox Party by M.T. Anderson [2007 Honor book]
- how i live now by Meg Rosoff [2005 Winner]
- The First Part Last by Angela Johnson [2004 Winner]
- Fat Kid Rules the World by K.L. Going [2004 Honor book]
- Monster by Walter Dean Myers [2000 Winner]